My Favourite DJ
My Favourite DJ that I am studying is David Guetta.
David Guetta is a French DJ, producer and a remixer known for hits like ‘Love Don’t Let Me Go (Walking Away)’, ‘When Love Takes Over’, Sexy Chick and ‘Getting Over You’.
Why I think David Guetta is my favourite is because I have known his music since I was 12 and he is the reason why I became a DJ in the first place. The first song I heard his name for the first time was the 2009 No.1 song ‘Sexy Chick and since then I never forgot the time I was in Year eight.
The music he plays and produce is House but he produces different types of House with the ranges of BPMs faster or slower. He has a flexible approach when he is well suited for night clubs, festivals and big venues. His music was influenced by Chicago’s House genre in the 1980s when he first heard Farley “Jackmaster” Funk track on the radio. He co-founded a record label called Gum Productions (GUMPROD) along with another French DJ and remixer Jachium Garraud in 2001. The same year as his first commercial single ‘Just a Little More Love’ peaked at No.29 in the French Chart and No.19 in the UK Singles Chart when it was released in 2003.
David Guetta has also produced several songs for artist(s) and DJs since 2009 onwards. Like for instance, he produced The Black Eyed Peas’ 2009 No.1 ‘I Gotta Feeling’ as their second single from their fifth album The E.N.D. It became a worldwide hit topping the charts in seventeen countries. It became the most downloaded song of all-time in the US with almost 7.5 million downloads and in the UK selling more than 1 million copies.
In 2011, David Guetta was voted as the No.1 DJ in the DJ Mag Top 100 DJs’ fan poll. In 2013, Billboard crowned Guetta and Kelly Rowland’s 2009 song ‘When Love Takes Over’ as the number one dance-pop collaboration of all time.
David Guetta’s Equipment
- Akai Pro LPK25 is a USB keyboard MIDI controller used by musicians of all types for producing. The LPK25 has an arpeggiator, which is used to create chords automatically. This helps musicians with quick production ideas. The LPK25 works with Mac and PC and it does not need software drivers and it has four memory banks for setting up and remembering different software programs you use, and it is small enough to fit in a backpack or laptop bag.
- Novation 61 SL MKII Midi Controller is a professional USB MIDI controller that gives you control over your software but remains lightweight and easy to transport. SL MkII has the same number of fully assignable controls, all of which map automatically to your software with Automap to give you the direct access to everything you could want to control. Automap is a piece of software that works for all Novation controllers. It is designed to make the job of assigning your hardware controls to various software parameters quick and easy. The recent version of Automap has upgraded to Automap 4, it enables knobs, faders and buttons to instantly control plug-in instruments/FX, as well as your sequencer’s mixer, transport and more.
- Ableton Push is an instrument that you need to make music in one place by using your fingertips. When playing different types of instruments for instance, drums. Push’s 64 pad grid is divided into three sections, allowing you to record your pattern and then play it back in real time step sequence, while adjusting the length of your loop at will. Push’s pads allow you to play notes and chords and adjust them. Push can also work with samples in a flexible and quick way.
- Pioneer RMX-1000 Remix Station is a 3-in-1 system which contains editing software, hardware and VST / AU plug-ins. The RMX-1000 offers many different studio effects and beatboxes, but with a physical pro-DJ interface for a hands-on feel. The RMX-1000 has key features including
- Controller for VST/AU/RITAS
- Scene FX Build Up/Break Down with HPF Echo, LPF Echo, Crush Echo, Spiral Up or Down and Reverb Up or Down.
- Isolator FX can change the main audio input rhythm and timbre using hi-mid and low frequency bands. Three effects are loaded into the dials for even more flexibility: Cut/Add, Trans/Roll and Gate/Drive.
- Release FX seamlessly exit complex effect combinations and return to the original track. Back Spin Echo and Vinyl Brake allow you to choose exactly how to return to normal play.
- Pionner CDJ 2000 is a recent product from the club standard CDJ series. The CDJ-2000 brings in a fresh DNA and can play music from CDs, DVDs, USB storage devices and SD memory cards. It also comes with music database management software for DJs which is called Rekordbox. This software works with Mac and PC.
- Pionner DJM-900 Nexus Mixer brings a new level in creativity. It includes excellent connectivity, brand new FX and extraordinary performance features with improved fader technology and audio circuitry.
- The DJM-900-NXS has a built-in USB soundcard which allows you to simultaneously input/output stereo signals. 24-bit/96 kHz on board processing keeps the audio quality clear and flawless. You can connect the unit to your laptop or computer using a USB cable and the settings utility tool opens automatically.
- Effects with simple controls are standard. Six studio quality sound FX are in the package, including: Filter, Crush, Gate/Comp, Dub, Echo, Noise and Space are available on every channel.
- Channel-Assignable Beat FX has 13 channels to mash up any songs in sync with the BPM including Delay, Echo, Spiral, Reverb, Filter, Flanger, Roll and Reverse Roll.
- One Finger Manipulation allows you, with just one finger to adjust the parameters and Beat FX.
- Quantized Beat FX allows you to snap, cue and loop to the rekordbox beat grid for precision performances.