Radio Show Planning Template
An important step in developing a radio broadcast is taking time to consider the aims of the broadcast, consider your message and target audience, think about some practical ideas for making the show work, reflect on what you have planned, and then approach the station having at least taken some time to document your ideas.
Main contact person / broadcaster: Johnny Hourigan
Other people involved: Celetia
Does your show idea represent any specific community?
South Thames College (Wandsworth Campus)
Possible names for radio show:
The MC JAY presents: HOUSE is Cool
Music, interviews (pre-recorded content) with a special guest
Technical requirements: HP Laptop and Numark DJ controller Mixtrack Pro II
In my show, it is focused on House tunes and an interview in between at half time with a special guest discussing on immigration, music and the n-word for no longer than 10 minutes.
Artist/Track/Length of track
- Philip George – Wish You Were Mine [84 bars (2 minutes 43 seconds)]
- Disclosure – Jaded [57 bars (1 Minute 57 seconds)]
- Disclosure ft. Sam Smith – Latch [53 bars (1 Minutes 42 seconds)]
- Disclosure & AlunaGeorge – White Noise [75 bars (2 Minutes 28 seconds)]
- Route 94 ft. Jess Glynne – My Love [89 bars (2 Minutes 56 seconds)]
- Probz – Waves (Robin Schulz Remix) [77 bars (2 Minutes 32 seconds)]
- Calvin Harris & Disiples – How Deep Is Your Love [97 bars (3 minutes 8 seconds)]
- MC JAY – #R.F.T.W. [97 bars (3 minutes 12 seconds)]
- KDA ft. Tinie Tempah & Katy B – Turn the Music Louder (Rumble) [57 bars (1 minute 49 seconds)]
(Interview at half-time)
- Sam Smith – Money On My Mind (MK Remix) [113 bars (3 minutes 36 seconds)]
- MK ft. Alana – Always (Route 94 Remix) [61 bars (1 minute 57 seconds)]
- Calvin Harris & Disiples – How Deep Is Your Love (Chris Lake Remix) [81 bars (2 minutes 37 seconds)]
- IndieHop – Counting Stars (MC JAY Remix) [105 bars (3 minutes 24 seconds)]
- Joe Stone ft. Montell Jordan –The Party (This Is How We Do It) [81 bars (2 minutes 34 seconds)]
- SecondCity – I Wanna Feel [73 bars (2 minutes 21 seconds)]
- Blonde ft. Melissa Steel – I Loved You [93 bars (2 minutes 58 seconds)]
- DJ S.K.T. ft. Rae – Take Me Away [81 bars (2 minutes 34 seconds)]
- Philip George & Anton Powers – Alone No More [88 bars (2 minutes 47 seconds)]
The show would last an hour approx. with 22 minutes of two mixes approx. and the interview will be under 10 minutes approx.
Creative Industries and Humanities